a better bagged lunch

No offense to Joey Tribbiani but after brown bagging a sandwich for lunch off and on for the past 30 years, things were getting a little dull. So when I don't have leftovers to pack, I found that I was packing a pretty boring sandwich. And then as Oprah would say, in the aisles of Key Foods, where every woman dreams, I had my a-ha moment. Go for the roll. By that I mean, go for the hard, yummy substantial roll instead of the sliced bread. A roll is not only filling but more appetizing and is still going to be less expensive than ANYTHING you find at your usual lunch places.
Once I had the roll down, I thought about what else I could do to elevate my lunch. Here is what I came up with.

A Better Sandwich

  • Ok so this isn't going to be low carb, but who cares, go for the roll, you will be glad you did. 
  • Spice up your meat selections-- literally-- turkey pastrami is a little spicy. Or go with a honey roast, smoked, whatever. Just look around and see what your options are. Change is out there. 
  • Cheese Please. Love to snack on brie...who said you can't put it on a sandwich. Muster, cheddar, provolone, aged gouda (yes please) are all awesome pics. Go crazy, its just a few slices. 
  • Here is where the fun starts. I like mayo and mustard as much as the next but I also love balsamic glaze, pesto, even salsa. Try a different condiment and you will not be disappointed.
  • Finally, veggies. What about a pickled hot pepper, or a fire toasted tomato. Give me the works!
I hope these tips are slightly helpful. Even one of them would totally jazz up a snoozer of a lunch I think. What about you? What are you eating for lunch?

(For info on the image click here)

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

« »

MP Daily All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger