Ok so I hear you. Some of you are telling me that we need to donate these clothes. And trust me, just this weekend Paul and I made a run to Housing Works to get our Spring Clean on. But there is another way. A way that I think you can get down with. Ladies and gentleman, I introduce to you...The Clothing Swap. My sister, and her sister-in-law have hosted at least a half a dozen swaps over the past few years. Here is how it works. PS, I am assuming that this is a girl thing. Most guys I tell about this seem to get turned off by the idea of trading clothes with their friends. But guys-- it's the bomb and you should go for it.
1. Invite a lot of people and encourage them to bring their friends. Eye someones style that you like? Ask them too. In this case, it really should be the more the merrier. That way you get a great range of both stuff and sizes.
2. Lay out a few rules. Gym clothes? Lets skip them! Bring at least 4 things? Whatever you are comfortable with.
3. Set a date and send out invites. For the host, make sure to have a few snacks and drinks. You can always assign this task to some of your guests.
4. Once everyone arrives, designate different areas/rooms for different pieces. Tops in one section, bottoms in another. Even shoes and accessories in another! Just keep it organized.
5. With the final head count, have everyone draw a number 1-how many people are there, lets say 10. You are creating the draft here.1 gets the first pick (lucky) with 10 being the last. But then, twist, 10 goes again and this time you go backwards. Does this make sense? It works for the NFL, it will work for you.
6. While picking numbers, allow for time for everyone to scout out of the goods. Try ons are totally cool, just make sure you set a time limit on this otherwise it can last all day.
7. Get swapping!
Honestly, I have picked up some of my most favorite items at past clothing swaps. One persons junk jeans are another mans treasure. Over a dress, bring it on.
Have you ever been to a swap? What did you get? Would you guys like to have a swap sponsored by MPDaily?