On Saturday morning, I woke up to this email:
Just to refresh you, we leave on Friday for our trip. Sure, I knew I needed to work on making a pack list, and a few more plans for later in the week but finding a new place to stay wasn't on my to do list. But then it went straight to the top. We knew that we still wanted to stay in the Marias area and while picking the apartment, I had made a list of a few other options. Since the trip was only a week away, those were all snapped up so I had to keep searched. I had few requirements. I wanted a place that had great reviews and in our price range....and if it could be charming and cute, well even better. I stayed calm until I got an email saying that we didn't get another apartment we had tried to get. With what felt like slim options, I did something that I have never done. I approached one of the apartments that was out of price range (and incredibly cute) and asked if she would be willing to bargain. I figured that a less money is still more than nothing. And she was totally game. She asked what our max budget was (I just used what we had paid for the origianl apartment) and she accepted.
Now I wouldn't recommend waiting until the last minute to find a place to stay, especially those who like to sleep at night instead of worry if it will work out, but it is good to know that it can be done, and for a deal!
What about you? And last minute problems that turned out for the best?