Up and out

Eh, probably not going on a sunrise run but crazier things have happened! Seen on FitSugar

As I have noted here on the blog, PB is now in the habit of getting up early in the morning to start his ever busy day. Since I am a fairly light sleeper, I too have been getting up earlier in 2013, only to find myself laying in bed thinking, reading or "resting my eyes" for about an hour. I would like to use this time to be more productive, get going on my day a little earlier and make going to the gym in the morning part of my routine. I did a little online research  and here are some heplful tips that I am going to try to stick to.


From Stephanie Romine Become a Morning Person: 8 Tips from a Former Night Owl

Plan ahead. Each night before I go to bed, I make sure everything I need for the next day is ready to go: breakfast, lunch, and water bottle in the fridge; laptop case and purse by the door; gym bag is stocked with extra clothes, shoes, and toiletries. Even if I oversleep by a few minutes, I don't need to scramble to track down everything I need.

Carry an extra set. There's nothing worse than arriving at work still sweaty from a workout (I shower and get ready at the SparkPeople offices most days) and realizing that you don't have clean clothes. Thankfully, I have never forgotten clean underwear, but I have forgotten clean socks, and, once, I forgot a towel. (I used a clean t-shirt to dry off.) I keep a spare of anything I couldn't live without: socks, undies, bras, towels. That way I don't have to take a 20-minute detour home and back in the morning.

Stick with it, even on weekends. I can't stay out past 10 these days, and that's fine by me.  If I try to sleep in, stay up really late, or deviate from my normal schedule on weekends, Mondays are really hard. I "sleep in" until 7 on weekends, but I stick with my morning yoga practice and other routines. This was key, especially in the beginning, to adjusting to the new morning schedule.

Read the rest of the tips here

Do you guys work out? Morning or evening? Weekends too? Weekends only? I hate to sound cheesy but since PB moved in, I sorta hate working out at night since that is our time to hang. 

5 comments:

  1. sounds like a good use of your morning time. The hardest part is actually getting out of bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did what she suggested today and unpacked my lunch and then repacked it for tomorrow as soon as i got home. my least favorite thing to do in the evenings and now its already taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning workouts all the way! I totally feel you with the evening hang...sacred. I love that your man randomly gets up at 345 to go to work...a man with a plan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the morning workout is the way to go. maya is right, the hardest part is getting out of bed. its also awesome when you are done with a long day of work and you dont feel guilty about chilling on the couch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am at 2 days in a row now working out in the morning and so glad that its over with for the day. Thanks for the encouragements!

    ReplyDelete

« »

MP Daily All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger