$5.00 Savings Plan

Five Dollar Plan seen here

 My sister and her husband introduced this plan a few years ago and the times that I have done it, I have been surprised and excited by how much money I was able to save. Basically, anytime a $5.00 comes into your possession, instead of spending it, you save it somewhere safe. A five, though significant, once gone from your wallet isn't as heartbreaking as a twenty gone. This has really helped me cut down on needless purchases like lip balm, gummy bears or anything else that I tend to break a five on. Have you ever done this? I also sometimes think that it helps to have a goal for all of those five dollar bills. Like next time you go on vacation, you only use those fives. Trust me, it feels like found money!

5 comments:

  1. holla at my fives! Eric is way better at this than me, but I do try and those 5's add up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do this per mayas suggestion! when i have enough, i get my hair cut/colored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did this after my friend told me about it. I use it for the $500 purchases that I always have on my wish list - a new bike, a camera, etc. I can usually save $500 pretty fast and without much sacrifice.

    ReplyDelete

« »

MP Daily All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger