Money talks

Frenchie Piggy Bank from Z Gallerie
When PB and I first moved in together, one of the things that I had not completely anticipated were bills. It wasn't that neither of us wanted to deal with them, but it also wasn't going to be something that worked itself out. So we devised a plan. Rent is split down the middle. PB pays for the cable and internet. I pay for gas and electric. Each week we alternate who pays for groceries and though we try to be careful about dining out, we also go back and forth on who pays. Now that we are trying to tighten our belts and save a little more, I would love to hear what you guys do.

For us, we have both stopped buying clothes for the time being (though I am going to breakdown and buy gloves-- its for my own safety!). Last night I soaked my fingers and gave myself a home manicure. Packing lunches from leftovers the night before is a must for us. And We each put money into our 401K and set aside additional money into savings accounts.

I know that money can be a touchy subject but I would love to hear what works..and doesn't work for you guys.

2 comments:

  1. minted is a big help to see where your money goes - you can get a weekly email with a pie chart to show what you've spent on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saving is so important...kudos to you and Paul. Jon would love to see this :)

    Good call on Minted.

    ReplyDelete

« »

MP Daily All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger