Tis the season...for gift guides

If you are a reader of blogs (and hey-- you are on one now so I guess you are), then you will know exactly what I am talking about, it is the season of Holiday Gift Guides. Blogs are a perfect place for this with great layouts options and ways to link directly to the stores. If you are looking for a great one, Creature Comforts does an spectacular job, breaking down gifts into a bunch of specific categories and offers some really unique gift.

But as I see it, all of these great gift guides are all paying homage to the greatest gift guide of all time. And by that I mean, the granddaddy of them all, the most head exploding, mind melting, pee in your pants gifts…It's Oprah's Favorite Things.

 For years, this has been my most favorite episode. Sure, I love seeing what Oprah picks. I may have even made a purchase myself based on the great ones picks.  But really, the magic of this show is watching the audience and their reaction to each gift that they are going to bring home, or rather have shipped to their home that day.

Now that the Oprah Show is no more, Favorite Things was existing only in her magazine. But this year, they decided to bring it back on the OWN channel. With an audience of 35 military spouses as the recipients of Oprah's favorite things, it was again TV magic. I laughed, I cried, I basically smiled giddily the entire show. It's running now on the OWN channel, I highly recommend watching during any down time you may have. It's pretty great. I mean, come on, look at these reactions!

Seen on Bumps and Curves


Seen on Oh No They Didn't!

Image seen on The Bridesmaid Diaries   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

« »

MP Daily All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger