Play Clothes

Seen on J.Crew
When I was growing up, my dad had a pattern. Around 6 o'clock, he could come home in his suit from work and announce to us that he needed to change into his play clothes. He would head upstairs and return downstairs in jeans and a t-shirt. As a child, I thought for some reason that this was hilarious, this idea was my dad needing to put on clothes that made him fun. But now, as a 30 year old working stiff, I completely understand the concept of play clothes. After work, there is nothing more that I like to do is change into my "play clothes." From a  blouse, skirt and heels, does anything feel better than a broken-in t-shirt, leggings and slippers? Since I have been working at home this week due to Sandy, my play clothes have become my work clothes and each day, it's a pair of leggings with a new top for me. Looking at my work clothes, there is a small part of me that misses them. But these leggings sure do feel good.  Do you have play clothes? Clothes that you want to right away change into when you get home? What is it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

« »

MP Daily All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger