The jerk store.. and other missed opportunties

The always gorgeous Marion Cotillard without and with makeup seen on Babble
Paul came home last night after being away for the past week. Pashy and I were so excited to see him that one of us even peed a little on the floor...I will let you guess which one. When Paul got home it was around 6:30 and I was wearing yoga pants, my new blue sweatshirt and absolutely no makeup. I had also showered about 45 minutes beforehand and was trying to rock french hair which meant in was in the fairly unattractive damp phase. I think what I am trying to say is, I have looked better. At the time, I didn't think much of it, Paul even told me I looked cute and we were just happy to be all back under on roof.

Much later on I began to think. How cool would it have been if when Paul came home, I actually looked my best? Nothing fancy but nice makeup, cuter outfit, hair-did. How pumped would he have been to see that? This isn't about me being into completely pleasing my man but more about our partnership and how to keep it fresh and fun. The only problem is that I didn't think of this until after the fact (hence the above Seinfeld reference).  But it is something for me to hold on to for the future.

How you every surprised your loved one with looking different? Wearing something completely unexpected (this can be PG)! Is this too personal?

2 comments:

  1. I need to do a better job at this too. I wear my 80's flower spandex shorts all the time and I've heard they're "weird." Good to keep this top of mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can dress up pashy sometime and mix things up for him

    ReplyDelete

« »

MP Daily All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger